The success of The George Washington University Physician Assistant (PA) Program is due to dedicated clinical preceptors who provide rewarding clinical experiences to students. The George Washington School of Medicine and Health Sciences provide limited adjunct clinical faculty appointments to preceptors involved in the ongoing clinical education of PA students. Preceptors who regularly provide clinical education are strongly encouraged to apply for such an appointment. Appointments are renewed on an annual basis.
As a limited service faculty member, you are eligible for the following benefits:
- Receive a GW University email address (gwu.edu)
- Receive a GWorld ID card which will allow access to Himmelfarb Library and the University’s Gelman Library
- Free access to hundreds of electronic medical journals, textbooks, and clinical reference guides
- Free access to test preparation question banks like PAeasy, ExamMaster, and USMILE.
- Free access to reference librarians for help with literature searches
- Participate in any of the professional development programs offered through Himmelfarb Library
- Eligible to attend and participate in all faculty development programs presented by the School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- With valid GWorld ID card, eligible for discounts at the GW Bookstore -- discounts offered to Faculty/Staff (varies based on item purchased) (University Student Center, 800 21st Street, NW)
- GWorld ID card can be used at areas retailers as a form of payment so you don’t have to carry cash (no discount attached)
- Eligible to participate in the meetings/conferences/programs presented by the Office of Continuing Education in the Health Professions (202-994-4285). There may be a fee charged for some activities.