The George Washington University Physician Assistant Program's mission is to prepare physician assistants who demonstrate clinical excellence; embrace diversity, equity and inclusion; advocate for their patients; lead and advance the profession; and serve their communities.
The George Washington University Physician Assistant Program will be a preeminent leader in physician assistant education. Through shared transformative experiences and discovery, our students, alumni, and faculty will emerge as leaders committed to health equity and quality care for all.
We believe that physician assistants transform patient care through:
- a commitment to patients, families and communities, and
- the delivery of equitable, team-based, patient-centered care that is driven by evidence.
- Educate future PAs who possess superior knowledge and skills.
- Recruit a diverse class of highly qualified students.
- Matriculate a diverse class of highly qualified students.
- Foster an awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of communities.
- Encourage professional involvement, leadership and service.
Successful achievement of our goals is demonstrated through several metrics. Please see this page, which outlines the program’s goals, benchmarks for meeting each goal, and associated outcomes.